My new favorite dinner! I am a huge fan of making things that keep in the fridge well so that I can grab something healthy and delicious. If I don't have healthy options available I will make bad choices - this is a fact. I hope you all enjoy this as much as we did!
- Two Cans of Tuna
- 3 cups spaghetti squash, cooked (6 Greens)
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted (1 Healthy Fat)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (1 Condiment)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste (2 Condiments)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, to taste (1/4 Condiment)
- 1 tbsp grated Kraft Parmesan cheese (1 Condiment)
- 3/4 cup 2% Fage Total Greek yogurt (1/2 Lean)
- 3 oz. reduced fat cheddar, shredded and divided (3/4 Lean)
- 1/4 tsp dried basil (1/2 Condiment)
Poke holes on all sides of the spaghetti squash with a metal skewer or a fork.
Place a paper towel in microwave and place squash on top of paper towel. Microwave in increments of 3 minutes until flesh starts to get soft. I had a medium sized squash and microwaved for about 10 minutes. Let cool. Cut squash in half, lengthwise. Scoop the seeds and the middle strands out with a spoon and discard. Next, scrape the inside of the squash with a fork all the way to the skin. You should get strands that resemble spaghetti. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine melted butter, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese with the yogurt and 2 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir in spaghetti squash until combined. Pour spaghetti squash mixture into an 8 inch casserole dish. Top with tuna. Sprinkle the remaining ounce of cheese and dried basil over the top. Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes. The casserole is ready when the top is a light golden brown, which makes for a crunchy crust! Serve immediately.